Untuk Usia 7-10, 11-14 Tahun
Explore the world of 3D Games. Create the coolest mods in Minecraft, designing a whole new game that you can call your very own! Learn how to write block based code and deploy it to Servers just like Notch did to create Minecraft.
Kids are empowered to create their own amazing mods, from texture packs, schematics and more. They get imaginative and creative with their programming skills to create Minecraft mods that they can have a blast playin’ with their friends!
- Ideally have prior experience with Minecraft
- Reinforce programming concepts
- Create a Minecraft mod
- Code your own game in a 3D world
- Requires Start with Scratch or equivalent block-based programming experience
- Each booking also grants your child 20 hours of exclusive access to Galileo Online’s After School Programme for the month of June 2021.
Semua yang perlu Anda ketahui
Explore the world of 3D Games. Create the coolest worlds in Minecraft (Education edition), designing a whole new game that you can call your very own! Learn how to write block based code and deploy it to Servers just like Notch did to create Minecraft.
Kids are empowered to create their own amazing Minecraft worlds, from texture packs, schematics and more. And as we code these new worlds together, we’ll be learning coding concepts through creative coding. By the end, kids get to play with their friends in their own Minecraft worlds!
Learn all about Minecraft Servers.
So you’ve played Minecraft on your own, with friends or on popular servers but do you ever wonder how these wonderful games you enjoy playing so much are made and distributed? In this course, you will not only learn how to build these games, but also host them on servers so your friends can join in and play the game you’ve coded.
We will start off by exploring aspects of game development and programming within a new environment, to practise and reinforce programming concepts learnt from our introductory courses.
We’ll apply the familiar concepts of loops, conditionals and events to create our games. We will also develop your understanding of what happens when games are deployed on servers for other people to access them. A brief history of Minecraft will also explored, through educational games and quizzes.
Now, mod your Mindcraft!
Minecraft provides an immersive 3D environment for kids to develop their programming and game development skills.
Kids can build ‘mods’ (short for modifications) that change the way the game behaves and responds. They will learn how to create their own world, build games within a game and even have a go at playing what they created with their friends in Minecraft!
They’ll build their own Minecraft worlds using a drag-and-drop block-based code editor. While creating these mods, kids will improve their understanding of core programming and computational thinking concepts, and use their creativity and imagination to make their very own world to play in.
Your child will require:
- A computer or laptop with a working webcam and microphone, in order to participate in class and for our instructor to check their understanding. Kindly avoid sharing devices.
- Internet speed of 25Mbps or above. You can check your internet speed here.
- Familiarity with basic computer functions, such as typing on a keyboard, using a mouse, switching between desktop apps and navigating a browser (opening a new tab, entering URLs)
- Google Chrome as their default web browser during classes. You may download it here.
- Installing Zoom is recommended for a smoother learning experience. You may do so here.
(For macOS computers, please enable these permission settings)
- We also recommend that you have an adult member of your household standing by for the first 45 mins of the first class to assist with any technical difficulties that may arise.
Hal yang akan dipelajari
- Minecraft and a Scratch-like block-based code editor
- Learn about methods
- Use game design principles to make the game more fun and exciting
- Add timers and health
- Increase complexity with Conditions and Variables
- Going further with Boolean and Loops
- Test and debug using logic and systematic reasonng
- Connect your world and play in Minecraft
Kemampuan yang akan dipelajari
Tidak ada ceramah. Tidak ada hafalan. Tidak ada SATU jawaban yang benar. Seperti kehidupan nyata, kami percaya anak harus mencoba berbagai hal sendiri, gagal, mencari tahu apa yang salah & mencoba lagi. Ini adalah keterampilan & pola pikir yang akan bertahan seumur hidup, dan bagaimana kita dapat belajar di kehidupan nyata. Mari kita ajak anak-anak untuk mengetahui cara belajar. Karena anak-anak yang ingin belajar akan tumbuh dengan keingintahuan, semakin inovatif, serta memiliki banyak akal dalam memecahkan masalah dunia nyata untuk membuat dampak yang berarti.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. My child is new to computers and programming. Will he / she be able to follow?
We recommend that your child completes our Start With Scratch course for a solid foundation in Scratch and programming concepts first, and has played Minecraft before enrolling in this course.
2. Does my child need to have a Minecraft account in advance?
Yes! If he/she does not have one, you can register for a new account here: Minecraft Account Registration. You’ll need to register for the paid account of the PC/Mac Education Edition. Note that every child will need to have their own account (siblings will not be able to log into the same account on different laptops during the same class)
3. I’ve enrolled my child, what will he/she need to bring?
Bring along your Minecraft username and password. We’ll provide all equipment and materials, but you may want to bring a jacket and light snacks in case he/she gets hungry.
Got More Questions?Read our F.A.Q.
For ages Years Old
Semua yang perlu Anda ketahui
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we're all about trying things out yourself, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime and how we learn in real life. Let's get kids to learn how to learn. Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make a meaningful impact.