Untuk Usia 7-10 Tahun
So you’ve just discovered your Scratch superpowers? What will you create with them? As with learning any new skill or language (or power!), practice makes progress. Practice your newfound coding skills with a series of up to 4 projects aimed at helping you get your superpowers under control!
KEEPIN’ IT SHORT & SNAPPY
- 5-Day Online Holiday Camp (2hrs 20min/day)
- Apply fundamental Scratch concepts to a variety of fun projects
- Guided learning through a choice of up to 4 thematic projects
- Requires Start with Scratch (either the online or offline course)
- Each booking also grants your child 20 hours of exclusive access to Galileo Online’s After School Programme for the month of June 2021.
Semua yang perlu Anda ketahui
So you’ve just discovered your Scratch superpowers? What will you do next with them? As with learning any new skill or language (or power!), practice makes progress. Practice your newfound coding skills with a series of up to 4 projects aimed at helping you get your superpowers under control!
1. Create a simple calculator to solve complex mathematical problems!
2. Help your diver collect all the plastic trash in the ocean!
3. Build a football game with Scratch!
4. Avoid the asteroids!
Ain’t no virus gonna stop us! Keep the learnin’ going with our series of guided Scratch projects – our instructors will walk your kids through the process of building these fun projects and get their coding superpowers ready for the next challenge thrown their way!
Important note to parents:
Journeys in Scratch is an intermediate Scratch course where students deepen their understanding of previously learned concepts through practising and applying these concepts to different contexts. Students joining the course are expected to come in with prior experience in Scratch.
If this is your child’s first time learning Scratch, or if your child has fewer than 16 hours of Scratch classroom learning, we ask that you instead enrol your child in our foundational Start with Scratch course, which comprehensively covers the concepts your child will need to join this intermediate course and build a solid understanding from which your child can continue their programming journey creatively, confidently and independently.
In order to maintain a consistent learning pace for all students, any student enrolling in Journeys in Scratch without prior experience will be asked to transfer to a more appropriate course.
Kindly note that participation in other programming and robotics courses (including non-Scratch Saturday Kids courses such as Marvelous Machines and Mechanisms, Code and Invent with micro:bit Block Editor, Bring Your Lego to Life with Code, and Mod & Hack 3D Games with Minecraft and Kodu) cannot count as fulfilling the Scratch prerequisite due to the very different concepts learnt in each class.
Your child will require:
- A computer or laptop with a working webcam and microphone, in order to participate in class and for our instructor to check their understanding. Kindly avoid sharing devices.
- Internet speed of 25Mbps or above. You can check your internet speed here.
- Familiarity with basic computer functions, such as typing on a keyboard, using a mouse, switching between desktop apps and navigating a browser (opening a new tab, entering URLs)
- Google Chrome as their default web browser during classes. You may download it here.
- Installing Zoom is recommended for a smoother learning experience. You may do so here.
(For macOS computers, please enable these permission settings)
- We also recommend that you have an adult member of your household standing by for the first 45 mins of the first class to assist with any technical difficulties that may arise.
Hal yang akan dipelajari
- Sequences, loops and events
- Increase complexity with Conditions and Variables
- Add timers, life counters and scores
- Broadcast messages
- Test and debug using logic and systematic reasoning
Kemampuan yang akan dipelajari
Tidak ada ceramah. Tidak ada hafalan. Tidak ada SATU jawaban yang benar. Seperti kehidupan nyata, kami percaya anak harus mencoba berbagai hal sendiri, gagal, mencari tahu apa yang salah & mencoba lagi. Ini adalah keterampilan & pola pikir yang akan bertahan seumur hidup, dan bagaimana kita dapat belajar di kehidupan nyata. Mari kita ajak anak-anak untuk mengetahui cara belajar. Karena anak-anak yang ingin belajar akan tumbuh dengan keingintahuan, semakin inovatif, serta memiliki banyak akal dalam memecahkan masalah dunia nyata untuk membuat dampak yang berarti.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. My child is new to computers and programming. Will he / she be able to follow?
It is highly recommended that your child has prior background in block based programming as this course will refer to concepts taught in that course.
2. My child has done some Scratch programming at school. Should he/she still attend this course?
If you’re not too sure how much your child knows about Scratch programming, email us a link to your child’s Scratch profile and we can take a look and advise you.
3. My child is younger than 7. Can he / she join?
Scratch was designed for 7-10 year olds but is used by people of all ages. Sadly, having a 6 year old in the same class as a 10 year old may not result in the best learning environment for the younger student. If your child is very keen, we can organise separate classes if there is a minimum of 3 participants. Please contact us directly to enquire.
4. I’ve enrolled my child, what will he/she need to bring?
Classes will be conducted via Zoom conferencing. We will be using password-secured classrooms which will be locked once the class has begun.
Your child will need a laptop/desktop computer with a webcam/video conferencing and their microphone enabled. We highly recommend that your child use a laptop instead of a tablet because it’s easier to share their screens while working on the projects.
Please also refer to the requirements for equipment listed above.
Got More Questions?Read our F.A.Q.
For ages Years Old
Semua yang perlu Anda ketahui
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we're all about trying things out yourself, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime and how we learn in real life. Let's get kids to learn how to learn. Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make a meaningful impact.