Untuk Usia 7-10, 11-14 Tahun
Code, creativity and construction converge in this course where you’ll apply your Scratch superpowers to mechanise your LEGO creations. As you bring your own creations to life, and build your own world, block by block.
KEEPIN’ IT SHORT & SNAPPY
- Hands-on, synergistic introduction to robotics, engineering and code
- Suitable for kids with Scratch experience
- Build creative confidence and problem-solving abilities with LEGO and Scratch
- Learn about gears, motors, sensors as you construct your own world
Semua yang perlu Anda ketahui
Code meets construction in this hands-on course, where kids use Scratch and LEGO to create their own worlds and imagine the future.
Calling kid coders! You’ve been put in charge of a brand new planet, and have been assigned to populate your land with an array of creatures, constructions and other imaginative creations.
Apply what you’ve learned about coding in Scratch – we’ll explore the world of robotics and mechanics with LEGO, and bring our first creature to life together: a robotic dog complete with a tail that wags. (A pet your parents will actually approve of!)
Robotic dog Image credits: Scratch MIT
As we get tinkering with hardware and code, learn about how gears, motors and sensors work together to trigger action and movement. Afterwards, share your ideas and discoveries with your new friends!
You’ll make awesome robo-pets like a fish programmed to swim… (Pond not included!)
Or design and construct your very own automobile to take your new robo-pets on an adventure in your new world! Will your vehicle be optimised for energy efficiency, designed for safety, visually reflect your personality, or all of the above? It’s all up to you!
At the end of the course, showcase your fantastic robo-creations with your friends, and marvel at the weird and wacky creations that celebrate your creativity, the power of technology and dreams for the future.
Hal yang akan dipelajari
- Discover how code and mechanisms synergise in robotics – learn how hardware and code interface with each other
- Combine hardware and software (LEGO and Scratch) to create prototypes inspired by your vision of the future
- Articulate your thoughts and ideas in order to present your projects
- Build collaborative and communication skills as you work with your new friends!
Kemampuan yang akan dipelajari
Tidak ada ceramah. Tidak ada hafalan. Tidak ada SATU jawaban yang benar. Seperti kehidupan nyata, kami percaya anak harus mencoba berbagai hal sendiri, gagal, mencari tahu apa yang salah & mencoba lagi. Ini adalah keterampilan & pola pikir yang akan bertahan seumur hidup, dan bagaimana kita dapat belajar di kehidupan nyata. Mari kita ajak anak-anak untuk mengetahui cara belajar. Karena anak-anak yang ingin belajar akan tumbuh dengan keingintahuan, semakin inovatif, serta memiliki banyak akal dalam memecahkan masalah dunia nyata untuk membuat dampak yang berarti.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. My child is younger than 7, is this course appropriate for her/him? w
This course is only for kids ages 7 and up. If your child is younger than that, they should instead try their hand at one of our courses for preschoolers.
2. My child has not taken Start with Scratch. Can she/he join this course?
If your child has not taken Start with Scratch at Saturday Kids, she/he should have completed an equivalent 16 hour foundational Scratch course before registering for this course
3. I’ve enrolled my child, what will he/she need to bring?
We’ll provide all equipment and materials, but you may want to bring a jacket and light snacks in case he/she gets hungry.
Got More Questions?Read our F.A.Q.
For ages Years Old
Semua yang perlu Anda ketahui
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we're all about trying things out yourself, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime and how we learn in real life. Let's get kids to learn how to learn. Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make a meaningful impact.