Untuk Usia 7-10 Tahun
By the end, kids are not only introduced to important programming concepts in a gentle visual programming interface, they’ll apply their learnings in tackling a chosen UN Sustainable Development Goal. Kids get to understand how their code & hardware creations play an important impact in the world around them. The possibilities are ENDLESS!
Keepin’ it Short & Snappy
- 5-Day Online Holiday Camp (2hrs 20 mins/day)
- Coding + Hands-On
- Visual coding interface: Perfect for young kids
- Continue the Learning: Keep your micro:bit set for future tinkering!
- Requires Start with Scratch or equivalent block-based programming experience
- Each booking also grants your child 20 hours of exclusive access to Galileo Online’s After School Programme for the month of June 2021.
Semua yang perlu Anda ketahui
This is a BBC micro:bit, a “pocket-sized micro-computer” designed by BBC for computer education in the UK that allows you to create super cool inventions.
This holiday, we’ll be embarking on 5 days of creative coding using a simple block editor interface and the Micro:bit to create…
An innovative LED display.
A Game Dice. And many more along the way!
We’ll also be taking a close look at the Micro:bit’s various functions – from its sound output to its various sensors (light, touch and temperature).
Kids will learn not only to code, but they’ll also be applying their new found programming superpowers to tackle a variety of real world projects – specifically, the 17 UN Sustainable Goals by 2030.
This all culminates in a final project where kids get to solve a problem from 1 of the 17 UN Sustainable Goals, and code their creations to life using the Micro:bit.
Find out what real world problems your child will be striving to solve through the power of code this holiday.
Your child will require:
- A computer or laptop with a working webcam and microphone, in order to participate in class and for our instructor to check their understanding. Kindly avoid sharing devices.
- Internet speed of 25Mbps or above. You can check your internet speed here.
- Familiarity with basic computer functions, such as typing on a keyboard, using a mouse, switching between desktop apps and navigating a browser (opening a new tab, entering URLs)
- To install Scratch-Micro:bit before the first class. Please download it here.
- Google Chrome as their default web browser. You may download it here.
- Installing Zoom is recommended for a smoother learning experience. You may do so here.
(For macOS computers, please enable these permission settings)
- We also recommend that you have an adult member of your household standing by for the first 45 mins of the first class to assist with any technical difficulties that may arise.
Hal yang akan dipelajari
- Introduction to a powerful micro-computer, the Micro:bit
- Get codin’ and creative with LEDs
- Code & create a Game Dice
- Sense it all with the Micro:bit’s sensors
- Code & create a sound gadget
- Learning about the 2030 UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Final project creation: Tying our learnings to tackle a 2030 UN Sustainable Development Goal
Kemampuan yang akan dipelajari
Tidak ada ceramah. Tidak ada hafalan. Tidak ada SATU jawaban yang benar. Seperti kehidupan nyata, kami percaya anak harus mencoba berbagai hal sendiri, gagal, mencari tahu apa yang salah & mencoba lagi. Ini adalah keterampilan & pola pikir yang akan bertahan seumur hidup, dan bagaimana kita dapat belajar di kehidupan nyata. Mari kita ajak anak-anak untuk mengetahui cara belajar. Karena anak-anak yang ingin belajar akan tumbuh dengan keingintahuan, semakin inovatif, serta memiliki banyak akal dalam memecahkan masalah dunia nyata untuk membuat dampak yang berarti.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. My child is younger than 7. Can he/she join?
This course is for kids ages 7-10. If your child is still in preschool, we recommend our Curious Cubs or Tiny Techies 1 course instead.
2. My child has not taken Start with Scratch. Can she/he join this course?
It is highly recommended that the child has prior background in block based programming.
2. I’ve enrolled my child, what will he/she need to bring?
We’ll provide all equipment and materials. Though you might want to bring a jacket and light snacks in case he/she gets hungry.
Got More Questions?Read our F.A.Q.
For ages Years Old
Semua yang perlu Anda ketahui
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we're all about trying things out yourself, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime and how we learn in real life. Let's get kids to learn how to learn. Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make a meaningful impact.