Start your Python Programming Journey
Students will create their own Python project, implementing the Python Turtle Library. They will be creating multiple turtle racers, the racetrack, and the moving animations. They will create this project through a collaborative web-based IDE called Repl.it, where they will all have their own accounts.
This is a one-off 2-hour workshop for the Python course. Students who have completed this course is to continue with one of the following courses:
- Back to Basics: Python (Python Programming Language)
- Decomposing and breaking down a problem into steps
- Write a detailed step-by-step set of instructions which explains how to solve a problem (pseudo code)
- Create a program using Python programming language
- Implement Python Turtle Library – learn how to import and use the Python Turtle Library
For online format, your child will require:
- A computer or laptop with a working webcam and microphone, in order to participate in class and for our instructor to check their understanding. Kindly avoid sharing devices.
- Internet speed of 25Mbps or above. You can check your internet speed here.
- Familiarity with basic computer functions, such as typing on a keyboard, using a mouse, switching between desktop apps and navigating a browser (opening a new tab, entering URLs)
- To create a Repl.it account before the first class – your child will be using this account for coding.Please create an account here.
- Google Chrome as their default web browser during classes. You may download it here.
- Installing Zoom is recommended for a smoother learning experience. You may do so here.(For macOS computers, please enable these permission settings)
- We also recommend that you have an adult member of your household standing by for the first 45 mins of the first class to assist with any technical difficulties that may arise.
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we're all about trying things out yourself, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime and how we learn in real life. Let's get kids to learn how to learn. Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make a meaningful impact.