Harness the power of the Scratch block and get started on your creative coding adventure!
Untuk Usia 7-10 Tahun
Semua yang perlu Anda ketahui
KEEPIN’ IT SHORT & SNAPPY
- Weekly coding class (2hrs/week)
- No experience necessary: Recommended starting course for kids 7+
- In-depth intro to block-based programming
- Code with purpose: learn programming concepts and apply them to awesome games and animations
Introducing Scratch, a visual programming language created specifically for kids. It’s a block-based programming language where kids learn to code through a simple drag-and-drop visual interface, lowering the barriers to learning for kids who aren’t yet proficient with using a keyboard.
So basically, Scratch is all the fun of coding with none of the hassle of typing!
With just a foundational understanding of Scratch, you can learn how to create your own games, animations, stories, quizzes… with coding superpowers, your imagination’s the limit!
Get creative with animations
Go all out and clone your sprite and have them dance around on the screen. With basic programming skills and knowledge, you can create whatever you want, or figure out what you need to code up what you want!
Build your own games
We’ll teach you the basics of game design – use your skills in Scratch to go wild and create your own games! Make it into a #stayhome challenge, and have the whole family come together to have some fun. 🙂
Here’s an example of a Scratch game created by a kid coder from one of our classes.
Code with purpose – now that you’ve learnt the basics of Scratch and are a pro at making animations and coding simple games, how about creating something sweet for all our essential workers out there?
Your child will require:
- A computer or laptop with a working webcam and microphone, in order to participate in class and for our instructor to check their understanding. Kindly avoid sharing devices.
- Internet speed of 25Mbps or above. You can check your internet speed here.
- Familiarity with basic computer functions, such as typing on a keyboard, using a mouse, switching between desktop apps and navigating a browser (opening a new tab, entering URLs)
- Google Chrome as their default web browser during classes. You may download it here.
- Installing Zoom is recommended for a smoother learning experience. You may do so here.
(For macOS computers, please enable these permission settings)
- We also recommend that you have an adult member of your household standing by for the first 45 mins of the first class to assist with any technical difficulties that may arise.
Hal yang akan dipelajari
- What’s Scratch
- Code a character to move about
- Sequences, loops and events
- Record, edit and add music
- Increase complexity with Conditions and Variables
- Add timers, life counters and scores
- Test and debug using logic and systematic reasoning
- Presentation time: On your last day, share with your parents what you’ve learnt!
Kemampuan yang akan dipelajari
Tidak ada ceramah. Tidak ada hafalan. Tidak ada SATU jawaban yang benar. Seperti kehidupan nyata, kami percaya anak harus mencoba berbagai hal sendiri, gagal, mencari tahu apa yang salah & mencoba lagi. Ini adalah keterampilan & pola pikir yang akan bertahan seumur hidup, dan bagaimana kita dapat belajar di kehidupan nyata. Mari kita ajak anak-anak untuk mengetahui cara belajar. Karena anak-anak yang ingin belajar akan tumbuh dengan keingintahuan, semakin inovatif, serta memiliki banyak akal dalam memecahkan masalah dunia nyata untuk membuat dampak yang berarti.
Orang tua menyukai kami
Jam-jam paling menyenangkan dalam minggu anak Anda
"I give the thumbs up. The environment is conducive, the trainers are knowledgeable, friendly and approachable. Last but not least, I am impressed by what they had learned over a short span of time."
"Adam enjoyed himself immensely throughout the 5 days camp. He requested to reach class earlier and when he was home, he continued working on his coding projects after dinner. I’ve never seen him so serious about anything before."
"My 8 year old son loved the course and kept raving about how fun it was. I think he’s also proud that he could create a game which is self motivating. Last night Friday before he slept, he said “I wished there is class tomorrow!”
Intip kelas kami
Lihat di balik layar
Anak Anda akan menyukainya.
- Classes held online via Zoom
- Open source tools: Continue the learning at home!
Pertanyaan yang Sering Diajukan
1. My child is new to computers and programming. Will he / she be able to follow?
Of course! Start with Scratch is our recommended introduction to programming course for kids 7 and up. Most of our students come in with no prior programming knowledge and they can still make awesome projects at the end of the day.
2. My child has done some Scratch programming at school. Should he/she still attend this course?
If you’re not too sure how much your child knows about Scratch programming, email us a link to your child’s Scratch profile and we can take a look and advise you.
3. My child is younger than 7. Can he / she join?
Scratch was designed for kids but is used by people of all ages. Sadly, having a 6 year old in the same class as a 10 year old may not result in the best learning environment for the younger student. If your child is very keen, we can organise separate classes if there is a minimum of 3 participants. Please contact us directly to enquire.
Please also refer to the requirements for equipment listed above.